The Colorado Writing Project is planning to meet participants in person this summer, but we will also offer the option of our online courses. We will add sites as we schedule them.
Our on-site workshops meet for 2 weeks. In the mornings we study the teaching of writing, and in the afternoons teachers participate in a writing workshop. We believe:
- teachers of writing should be writers themselves
- our students need choice in what they write
- our students need time to write
- our students need timely response to their writing from both their teachers and their peers
- our students need direct instruction
Or join us in a 4-week synchronous/asynchronous online workshop. You will do much of the work on your own at your pace. Participants will meet online with their instructor for weekly class meetings and with small workshop groups to share writing. You will also meet online for one-on-one writing conferences with your instructor. Participants from outside of Colorado are welcome!
See dates, registration details, and cost on the Schedule/Registration page.
***Note: the Adams 12, Jeffco, and Boulder in-person workshops are all canceled.***
Read more about our workshops here.